My kids just love Milo, and my husband. Well and me too! We don’t always keep Milo in the house but it’s worth buying for this Tart where the delicious Milo flavour really shines through.
This Tart is also a bit like a no bake cheesecake.
My previous chocolate hating son Baden really loves this dessert, it would probably be one of his favourites, so Arely and I decided to make it for his birthday afternoon tea with my parents – even though he’d already had an awesome birthday cake shaped like a sprite bottle!
That meant 3 days of eating cake for me (with all the leftovers)!
Back to the Tart. Did I mention it has an Oreo base! I love, love, love an Oreo base and it pairs beautifully with the filling.
It is so quick to whip up and doesn’t need much setting time so it’s great for a last minute dessert.
Watch Arely and I make it, and all of Arely’s eating along the way!
CHOCOLATE MILO TART
1 – 1 1/2 packets of Oreos
100-130g butter, melted
1 1/2 packets of cream cheese (375g)
3/4 cup Milo (chocolate malt powder)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cream
1 cup whipped cream, optional
1. Put the Oreos into food processor and grind to a fine crumb.
2. Add melted butter (not all at once) to coat the crumbs well so that they stick together but the mixture shouldn’t be wet or gooey.
3. Pour crumb mix into springform or tart tin and press into base and a little way up the sides. Refridgerate until needed.
4. Melt chocolate in microwave and set aside to cool a little.
5. Mix cream cheese in mixer until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
6. Scrape down sides of the bowl and add the Milo and sugar, continue to beat while adding the cooled melted chocolate. Beat until smooth.
7. Add cream to mixer and beat on high for 2 minutes to incorporate air into the mixture.
8. If you would like a lighter mouse filling, seperately whip 1 cup of thickened cream in a chilled bowl to stiff peaks and then fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
9. Pour filling into prepared crust and refrigerate until ready to serve. If so desired you can decorated with piped whipped cream and grated chocolate shavings.