Oh. My. God. These were good, like really good. Thank goodness we shared them with the soccer team otherwise I would have lost all control and eaten far too much.
The cookie cake was a cross between a cookie and a brownie and was a full-on chocolate overload. It is moist and chewy and gooey – yum!
The original recipe I worked from said it needed to chill in the fridge for a minimum 3 hours or overnight. We chilled overnight but I’m honestly not sure the reason why. I would be very interested to know if anyone has any ideas.
Like I said earlier we took the Cookie Cake to kids soccer on Saturday morning and shared it around at the end of the game. It was a huge hit with the kids and the adults. We also made some super cute Poop Emoji Cupcakes which were sold at our Soccer Canteen.
TRIPLE CHOCOLATE COOKIE CAKE
75g brown sugar
165g plain flour
1 tsp bi-carb soda
1/2 cup chocolate chunks
1/2 cup M&Ms
230g icing sugar
2-3 tbsp milk
1. Cream butter and sugars, mix in egg.
2. Add in dry ingredients and combine. The dough will be thick and sticky.
3. Stir through chocolate and M&Ms.
4. Chill dough for at least 3 hours or overnight.
5. Spread into prepared 8″ or 9″ cake tin and bake at 180°c for 20 minutes.
6. Once cooled pipe buttercream around the edge and decorate with sprinkles.
7. To make the Buttercream: Cream dry ingredients with butter until it comes together and slowly add milk until the right consistency.